Please click on Position links below for more information.
Light Equipment Operator - City of Kerrville, TX (ID: 315062)
|Title||Light Equipment Operator|
|Type||Public Works - Operations|
|City / Organization||City of Kerrville, TX|
|Website||Click Here for the Position Listing|
|Description||Light Equipment Operator – 161-H04
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of construction equipment that requires acceptable performance of simple, routine and repetitive procedures for operation. Perform manual labor as necessary. Maintain City streets, repair or replace street signs and perform other duties as assigned.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
This information is intended to be descriptive of the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
1. Maintain roads by repairing potholes, hauling materials to and from site, operating equipment, trimming trees and cleaning area when finished.
2. Repair and replace signs by digging holes, pouring concrete, painting stripes and laying thermoplastic.
3. Maintain the airport by mowing grasses, inspecting runway lights, repairing fences and maintaining helicopter pad and windsock.
4. Provide emergency response by rerouting traffic around accidents, removing fallen trees, putting up warning barricades at flooded areas and covering icy roads with gravel.
5. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Duties are performed citywide in both outdoor and indoor settings. This is medium to heavy work requiring the exertion of fifty (50) pounds of force occasionally, up to twenty (20) pounds of force frequently, and up to ten (10) pounds of force constantly to move, lift and push objects. Work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, pushing and pulling. This position is subject to outside environmental conditions, including extreme cold, extreme heat, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
Education, Certification and Experience Required:
• Possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Possession of a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or obtains within six (6) months of employment.
• Experience performing manual labor in a construction setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and good customer service with the general public.
• Ability to work well with others as a team.
• Ability to operate a forklift and drive a one-ton van with cargo box.
• Ability to work an irregular schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
• Shovels, picks, brooms, tampers, rakes, floating brooms, garden hose, herbicide sprayers, jack hammer, air drill, brush chipper, welder torch, grinder, sledge hammer, paint machine, post driver, hand tools, tractor, mowers, and occasional use of dump truck, front-end loaders, fork lift, rollers, back hoe, bucket truck, and street sweeper.
• Hard hat, safety vest, gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, cones, traffic flags, traffic signs, respirator.
• Operators work weekends, nights, holidays and emergencies as required. They are subject to 24-hour on-call as required, serve on a rotation duty schedule for weekend duty and night call-outs, and are required to respond to emergency call-outs.
• Must obtain a Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within six months of employment.
Light Equipment Operator - 161-H04
Open Until Filled
701 Main Street
Kerrville, TX 78028
The City of Kerrville is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Qualified Individuals. A City of Kerrville application is required. Resumes are considered additional information, and accepted with a completed City application. Applications may be downloaded from the City of Kerrville website www.kerrvilletx.gov, Employment Opportunities, or obtained at Kerrville City Hall.