Range: $42,918.00 - $51,501.00 Grade: 30 (Employees: Refer to Civil Service Rule VI.3.1 and VI.17 for promotional rate)
Benefits Offered: 17.94% employer retirement contribution; sick and vacation leave; health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances offered.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill 1 vacancy in the Engineering Department and future vacancies as they occur.
Kind of Work
The purpose of this classification is to technical tasks to provide professional land surveying services to the City of Alexandria, including research, boundary surveying, drafting, plotting of surveys and overseeing survey activities. Work is performed under administrative supervision of the City Engineer.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Surveying or related field; supplemented by five (5) years of experience at sub-professional and professional level surveying; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Louisiana Professional Land Surveyor license; may be required to obtain flood plain management certification.
- CAD Operation and Civil Design Software experience strongly preferred.
40 Hours per Week
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled or the first 50 applications whichever comes first.
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.CITYOFALEXANDRIALA.COM UNDER OUR EMPLOYMENT PAGE
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.